Senior Living Activities at Avalon Park
Whether you’re looking for something exciting to do, a new hobby to try or an old passion to reclaim, there’s always something to do at Avalon Park. From fun and friendship to relaxation and lifelong learning, you’ve come to the right place to have a good time.
The Benefits of Activities In Senior Living
Avalon Park is full of fun happenings and events for seniors, and this is often one of the benefits that senior living communities provide. Why are activities and programs so important, though? The answer comes down to a number of reasons.
Being involved within their senior living communities helps older adults:
Stay active by increasing physical activity.
If you’re busy, you spend more time in motion, likely in ways you never thought of.
If you love to go dancing with your friends, you’re more likely to be found moving and grooving. Do you happen to prefer golf? You’re still in motion when you’re hitting those hole-in-ones!
Enhance social, physical and mental health.
With friends close by, you’re less likely to feel lonely. This is in part because being close to friends and family:
- Enhances opportunities for socialization
- Improves physical health
- Creates a clearer, more engaged mind
Increase their independence.
The more active you are, the more you are likely to stay in shape, sharpen your skills and be happier. This leads to enhanced confidence and independence.
Challenge themselves educationally.
Aging doesn’t mean you stop pursuing your passions or challenging your mind; in fact, senior living provides the opportunity to expand your horizons and keep your mind sharp.
Increase their overall quality of life.
When you feel better, you simply live better. Whether socially, physically or mentally, these aspects combine to enhance your health and increase your quality of life.
Connect with family members in new ways.
Senior living activities offer opportunities to engage with your loved ones. From your own children to your grandchildren, there are so many things you’ll be able to enjoy together, strengthening your bonds and adding to the fun times you’ve already had together.
As if these benefits weren’t enough, senior citizens who participate in a range of senior activities may have more opportunities to expand their social circle with friends with varying interests, find new talents they haven’t yet discovered, be inspired to lead and teach others skills they’ve perfected, and more!
Discover a Sample of the On-Campus Fun That Awaits
Are you ready to get involved, get active, and get going? Check out all the fun events, classes, clubs, games and excursions we’ve got going on, like:
- Exercise classes and walking clubs to keep residents in shape
- Sunday brunches perfect for gathering with friends
- Yoga and meditation to clear your mind
- Educational lectures to enhance your knowledge
- Live music, movies and music therapy to foster appreciation of the arts
- Art classes, crafting and museum trips to enhance creativity
- Technology classes and instruction to ensure residents remain connected
- Organized trips to do afternoon shopping
- Card games, bingo, dominoes and Mahjong to challenge yourself
- Wii Bowling and Golf for fun competition
- Happy hours and coffee and conversation to stimulate connection and socialization
- Worship opportunities to nurture spiritual connection
- And so much more
No matter your interests, every program that Avalon Park senior living community offers has been designed to ensure your days can be as packed or as peaceful as you’d like them to be!
There is truly something for everyone to enjoy, whether the programming already exists or is waiting to be created.
Learn more about what’s going on around Avalon Park and see what services and amenities our residents are currently enjoying by visiting our website today!
Off-Campus Fun Is Waiting for You To Explore
The fun doesn’t stop on campus; in fact, it’s only the beginning. Thanks to our prime location in Cottleville, you’re put straight into the heart of the action. There is always so much to do and plenty to see.
Go out on the town with friends. Enjoy a spa day. Grab a quick bite to eat. Explore the local community on your own. Embrace the beauty of nature.
No matter what you’re looking for, our location is sure to offer you something you’ll love, like:
- Delicious dining
- Beautiful parks and trails
- An array of religious communities
- Ready access to healthcare providers
- Opportunities for personal care
- And more