Avalon Park an Independent Senior Living Neighborhood located in Cottleville, MO. If you have a passion for working with seniors and helping them continue to lead meaningful lives by enhancing their total overall wellbeing then we would love the opportunity to speak with you!
The following benefits are provided:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Company paid Life Insurance and Voluntary Disability
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
Avalon Park has adopted a policy that requires all team members to be fully-vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
The Driver reports to the Program Director and is responsible for assuring that Community-sponsored transportation is implemented appropriately and in a timely manner, with Resident safety and security the primary priority. This includes properly and legibly filling out the proper Transportation Forms for Medical Visits, Excursions, and Day Trips.
- Transports Community Residents to and from medical appointments, excursions, day trips, and shopping errands that have been approved by the Program Director using the Community-owned vehicles including a 15 passenger shuttle bus and a Toyota Highlander
- Consults the Transportation Schedule daily.
- Monitors Resident status and alerts the Program Director when assistance is necessary to assure Resident safety.
- Completes routine periodic vehicle inspection checks and informs the Program Director of any maintenance problems or safety issues that need to be addressed.
- Is thoroughly familiar with fire, missing persons, and other emergency procedures and follows Community safety and disaster policies and procedures.
- Requires minimal supervision and is a self-starter.
- Performs all other duties that are assigned by the Program Director, Maintenance Team, and the Executive Director.
Compliance and Safety:
- Follows all emergency procedures.
- Understands all driving and other safety practices and procedures.
- Makes sound judgement decisions when it comes to inclement weather.
- Displays mature behavior and attitude in speech and action.
- Demonstrates consistently pleasant demeanor, tone of voice, and supports the Community approach to Resident care and passenger safety.
- Communicates effectively with Program Director, the Front Desk Personnel, The Activities Assistant, Maintenance Team, and all other Community staff.
- Immediately advises the Program Director, Front Desk Personnel, and Executive Director of any changes in physical and mental health of a Resident.
- Current state driver’s license.
- Clean driving record.
- Previous experience in a driving position (preferred).
- Ability to operate van lift.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Does occasional heavy lifting (up to 80 pounds).
- Performs frequent lifting, pushing, pulling, moving of equipment, bending, and stooping.
- Spends long periods of time on foot or driving.
- Reacts quickly in any situation.
- May be required to work weekends and holidays as assigned.
- May be required to work on shifts other than the one for which hired.
- Must be in good physical health.
- Must submit to background, criminal, and drug tests as required.
- May be asked to submit to random drug test during employment.
- May have their picture taken and image used in social media or community advertising.