Amenities Count: Comfort and Convenience in Today’s Senior Living Communities
Just what are senior living amenities, and how can they make your life easier and more carefree?
While it depends upon the community, senior living amenities are the perks, conveniences, special touches, and extra delights that can add excitement, fun, and wellness to your days.
As you consider independent living in St. Charles County, here’s a sampling of the kind of amenities you can expect to find.
Senior living amenities: Why they matter
For a ritzy hotel or cruise ship, an amenity might be a gold-plated staircase or crystal chandelier. But in modern senior living, amenities are what genuinely make your life more convenient. For example:
• Thoughtfully designed residences. A comfortable, smartly designed apartment residence is definitely one of the most important senior living amenities. This is where you rest and recharge, greet family and friends, and feel secure and at home. Modern independent living in St. Charles County usually comes with a choice of floor plans and sizes, with features such as a full kitchen, balcony or patio, and an emergency contact system for extra safety.
In addition, our comfortable, well-designed residences are sized to fit your lifestyle. All of our studio, one-, and two-bedroom floorplans offer an array of comforts and conveniences including full kitchens with modern appliances, private balconies or patios, washers and dryers, plenty of storage, and so much more!
• Comfortable dining venues. If you’re a budding gourmet and want to continue to create dishes in your residence, go right ahead…but if you’d ready to retire those pots and pans, you’ll be pleased to know that dining venues are high on the list of senior living amenities. Visit a retirement community in St. Charles County and you’ll most likely see a choice: elegant, tableside service in a lovely dining room, as well as grab-and-go convenience when you’re looking for something more casual.
Whichever you’re in the mood for, isn’t it refreshing to have a choice?
• Personal services that make life easier. Talk about popular senior living amenities! Regular housekeeping done for you. Scheduled transportation for getting to physician appointments, as well as to the bank, grocery, and other locations. Ongoing interior maintenance (no more worries about repairs or replacement). Choosing Avalon Park independent living in St. Charles County gives you the permanent vacation you’ve been waiting for—and are ready to embrace!
• Beautiful landscaped grounds and walking trails. Nature is good for us. Research shows being outdoors can lead to a better mood, decrease risk of depression, reduce stress and even improve cognition.
In a vibrant, forward-thinking senior living community such as Avalon Park independent living in St. Charles County, you’ll find ample opportunities to enjoy fresh air. Such as walking trails. A covered outdoor patio for happy hours, lounging and meals. Beautiful grounds where you can stroll with your dog or visit with grandchildren. Having the freedom to get outside and share beautiful spaces with others should be at the top of your list of must-have senior living amenities.
• Dynamic fitness and wellness opportunities. Muscles, bones, heart and lungs, and mental health all improve with senior activity and exercise, so quality of life and independence often depend on physical wellness.
In a modern retirement community in St. Charles County, you should find a comfortable area for exercising. As well as senior-friendly strength equipment, reclined cardio bikes, fitness classes including chair aerobics, and more. When it comes to senior living amenities, a comprehensive program for fitness and wellness is a must.
• Engaging and interesting socializing opportunities. Staying social is vital for senior health—mental, emotional and physical. Senior living communities offer residents the opportunity to make friends with their peers, who understand their stories and experiences. Together, residents can learn hobbies, go on outings, celebrate birthdays, watch movies, take classes, attend concerts, laugh at happy hour, play games, worship and more. An interesting calendar of events is a must-have when it comes to senior living amenities.
Senior living amenities can add so much to life
More to do, less to worry about, and so many more friends with which to share each moment: the right senior living community could be ideal for you. We invite you to learn more.
Ready to get the most out of every day? Contact us today to set up your personalized tour.