Cottleville’s Annual Festivals That Seniors Won’t Want to Miss
When it comes to healthy aging, fun is serious business! Celebrating events, laughing with friends, spending time with family, exploring something new—essential ingredients for a healthy and long life. And just what Cottleville’s local festivals make possible all year long. We’d love to tell you about just a few.
Cottleville’s local festivals: great ways to have a great time
Bring the whole family: when it comes to Cottleville’s local festivals, there’s something for everyone. It’s a big reason why so many seniors choose this vibrant and friendly area for their retirement address. And at Avalon Park, we want you to reap all the benefits that connecting with others can bring. So mark your calendars with one or more of the following!
- Celebrate the nation’s independence at a three-day festival in July at the St. Charles Riverfest. Enjoy live music, plenty of activities for the children, a carnival, parade, and wonderful food and beverages. Bring your picnic blanket and enjoy fireworks on the evening of the final day at an event that has become a favorite among Cottleville’s local festivals.
- For arts and crafts lovers, the Festival of the Little Hills in St. Charles is the place to be in mid-August. Showcasing more than 300 arts and crafts vendors, this favorite (and free) festival also features live entertainment, a children’s area, and a diverse selection of culinary delights from nonprofit organizations which go to support their various endeavors.
- Travel back in time to the days of jousting and chain mail at the St. Louis Renaissance Festival in September and October. You and your family can enjoy a variety of stage and street acts, an artisan marketplace, unusual games (like axe throwing!), fun foods, and tons of activities. Who knows what intrigue will unfold?
- Saint Charles Oktoberfest is one of the nation’s most popular Bavarian festivals and high on the list of Cottleville’s local festivals. There’s something for everyone, including a bratwurst-eating contest, antique car show, Mind Over Miles 5k/10k, Wiener Dog Derby, and much more.
- Nearby O’Fallon makes it easy to get into the spirit of the holidays with a festive Tree Lighting Ceremony in November. Bring the grandchildren for holiday games and contests or a photo with Santa and enjoy a holiday market filled with unique artisan creations. Hot drinks, treats, and snacks available.
The festivities continue at Avalon Park
Cottleville’s local festivals are a great beginning. But remember, as a resident of Avalon Park, you can enjoy countless opportunities to engage and connect right where you are. That’s because great friends and neighbors are right next door, and the activities calendar is bursting with ways to get acquainted and share a good time.
Residents here spend time together at planned and spontaneous gatherings. That’s vital for good health, as being isolated or feeling lonely can result in serious physical and mental health conditions such as heart disease, depression and cognitive decline.
Here’s just a few ways Avalon Park residents get all the benefit of socializing with friends:
- Themed dinners and parties
- Happy hours and coffee and conversation
- Clubs and committees
- Book clubs and discussion groups
- Regular off-campus events, including cultural and entertainment excursions
- Variety of regular on-campus activities
- Card games and board games
- Lifelong learning classes and lectures
- Arts, crafts and hobbies classes
- Worship groups
- Regular off-campus excursions to cultural and entertainment events
- Shopping trips
- Visits to local parks
- Dining outings
- Walking clubs
- Wii bowling and golf
- Live music and music therapy
And as a golf cart-friendly community, Avalon Park has convenient trails to Cottleville and charging stations. So, you can easily access downtown Cottleville activities, special events, shopping, dining, and more.
Make a retirement lifestyle choice that keeps you engaged
Retirement can be an exciting phase of life, giving you newfound freedom to make new friends, develop new interests, and share experiences with others who share your goal of a fulfilled life. You want more than a place to live…you want a place where you can live better. Let us show you why we think Avalon Park could be just right for you!
New friends are waiting to meet you! Contact us today to set up your personalized tour. Learn how a move to senior living can give you the lifestyle you deserve – download our Successful Transitions guide.