Decorate Your Space: 5 tips to Make a Senior Living Apartment Feel Like Home
You’ve planned, you’ve made your decision, you’re getting excited. Now comes the fun part: deciding how to decorate your senior living apartment! This is your time to create a comfy, welcoming haven where you can relax, entertain, and plan your next adventure.
Want a few tips? At Avalon Park independent living in St. Charles County, we’re here to help.
Assignment: Decorate Your Senior Living Apartment
1. Go with the flow. Think smaller and lighter when it comes to furnishings. Not only will it open up your rooms, it will make open up the pathways in your space. Maybe a love seat instead of a big sofa. Or a stylish rocker for a reading corner instead of an oversized recliner. Keeping things light when you decorate your senior living apartment helps you feel lighter too!
2. The walls are your canvas. When you tour a retirement community in St. Charles County you probably notice how well they use the vertical spaces to create a mood. You can do the same, with your favorite artwork, posters, framed photos and portraits, a grandchild’s artwork, and much more. Another advantage to wall décor is you can easily swap pieces in and out as you please.
And don’t forget what well-placed mirrors can do when considering how to decorate your senior living apartment. A mirror can reflect and amplify natural sunlight or lamplight. Your space will feel larger as well.
3. Green is good. What if you could do one thing that could give you a sense of peace, help you breathe and feel energetic, improve your mood, and even help you heal…you can, just by adding a plant or two to your new space. Research verifies plants can do a great deal to enhance health.
4. Find your colors. Tired of the colors you’ve been living with for years? Now’s your opportunity to try something new.
Lighter colors open up space and lift your spirits. Keep that in mind when looking a throw pillows or accent pieces. Pay attention to how the light flows through your space. Letting in as much natural light as possible makes everything feel warm and inviting.
5. Have someone over. Maybe the best tip for making your new place feel like home is having a few guests over for coffee, lunch, or cocktails. You could invite a few neighbors over and get to know them, as well as family members and longtime acquaintances. Being a host gives you sense of belonging and pride.
Success: A Senior Living Apartment That’s a Wonderful Place to Call Home
Remember as you decorate your senior living apartment that you won’t have to worry about chores like housekeeping or maintenance. Even changing a lightbulb is something that won’t be on your list. That’s because in independent living in St. Charles County, you will find newfound freedom from all the pesky things that used to be on your to-do list.
At Avalon Park, whatever want your retirement life to look like, you’ll find a floor plan that perfectly fits your needs, tastes and budget. Whether it’s a cozy studio, practical one-bedroom or expansive two-bedroom, you’ll discover a rightsized residence for your full life. No matter which option you choose, you can expect an array of comforts and conveniences such as a washer and dryer, private balcony or patio, a full kitchen with modern appliances, a walk-in shower, and plenty of storage space. We invite you to learn more.
Find your fit near St. Louis. Contact us today to set up your personalized tour.